Road Bans and Permits
Road bans typically start in March and can go through to end of November, and are put in place to help protect County roads from damage. Road bans will change depending on weather, road construction, change of road surface and truck haul routes. As changes are made, this page will be updated so...before you head out, check back here for a list of all bans and a map to go with it! If you have any questions about restrictions on Wheatland County roads, please email us!
If you are requiring information on highway restrictions, weight charts, permits and much more please visit RoaData.
You will find (below) all pertinent data for all road bans in place at any given time. This includes:
List of road bans (gravel or surfaced)
- shows time and date road bans are in effect
- numbers on the left side coincide with the (gravel or surfaced) maps
- lists the road being ban and the miles/kms
- shows where the ban starts (from road #) and where the ban ends (to road #)
- shows percentage of axle weight (far right)
How to use the Map of road bans
- (toggle icons bottom right) (fit to page) (+ zoom in) (-zoom out)
- Make sure map has fully uploaded-can take a few minutes depending on the speed of your internet
- at the top in the middle shows Order # and effective date of road bans
- legend is in the bottom right hand corner of map-colored broken or solid lines
- zoom in to the area you’ll be traveling (+ bottom right)
- slide map up or down (arrow-far right) or across (arrow-bottom) to find area
- the # coincides with the list of roads
Current Road Bans in Place
Overweight/Over Dimension Permits
To ensure the safety of the travelling public and to minimize damage to County roads, Wheatland County monitors and controls the weight and dimensions of vehicles travelling on our roads. However, permits may be available for the movement of oversize and overweight loads, depending on circumstance.
To apply for an overweight/over dimension vehicle permit, please complete the following online form.