Two miles south of the TransCanada Highway on Hwy 24. Home to Cheadle Hall.
When the early ranchers and homesteaders came, there was just one little building in Cheadle: a store, post office and boarding house, run by Mrs. Belwer for the C.P.R section-men. From this small beginning Cheadle grew in the years 1906-1916 to three grocery stores, a hardware, barbershop, restaurant, pool hall, blacksmith shop, water tank, C.P.R station and section houses, livery stable, lumberyard, dance hall, two elevators, and several residences.
The coming of the automobile and another C.P.R. line from Gleichen to Calgary, through Carseland and Dalemead, and building of the C.N.R. through Lyalta and Ardenode, stopped growth for the thriving town of Cheadle. By 1985, the last grain elevator was removed and the quiet community was left with just its residents.
Since the year 2000, there has been an expansion of residental homes on the West side of Cheadle. Developments on the east side followed in 2005. With many residents of Calgary looking to the smaller communities as a way of escaping the problems of large city living. Cheadle's population is expected to grow significantly in the coming years.