Where There’s Room to Grow


Do I Need a Business License?

Where there's room to grow...Your business

Wheatland County does not require Business Licenses to run a business within the County; however, if you are thinking of starting a business, you may need a Home Based Business Permit or a Development Permit.

To determine what is required of you, contact a Wheatland County Development Officer. They will look at your plans, and advise you on what is required and what your next steps need to be.

You can book an appointment with the development team here.

Or give them a call at 403-934-3321, or email here.


Contact Us

Wheatland County
242006 Rg. Rd. 243 
Highway 1 RR 1
Strathmore, Alberta
T1P 1J6

Ph: (403) 934-3321
Fx: (403) 934-4889
Our Office Hours
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Upcoming Events

April 7, 2020
9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Council Meeting
April 10, 2020
12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
STAT - Good Friday
April 13, 2020
12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
STAT - Easter Monday